Flowers on the cordon fence around the empty site where the CTV building once was. In the background is the NewsTalk ZB building.
The Prime Minister, John Key, says it is now up to the police to decide whether criminal charges will be laid over the collapse of the CTV building in the Christchurch earthquake in February last year.
Page 1 of Section A of the South Island edition of the Christchurch Press, published on Wednesday 27 June 2012.
Page 3 of Section A of the Christchurch Press, published on Thursday 28 June 2012.
Page 5 of Section A of the South Island edition of the Christchurch Press, published on Wednesday 24 August 2011.
Page 4 of Section A of the Christchurch Press, published on Friday 5 December 2014.
Damage to buildings near the intersection of Latimer Square and Hereford Street. On the left is the site where the CTV building used to be.
People will be told by Christmas if they are in unsafe buildings that have the same flaw as the CTV building, which collapsed killing 115 people in the Christchurch earthquake.
A poster around the empty site where the CTV building used to be, it stays 'stand tall'.
The sign reads: The CTV Building was headquarters of Canterbury Television (CTV) and also housed King’s Education language School, a medical clinic, Hair Consultants, Relationship Services and a nursing school. On February 22nd 2011 the building collapsed as a result of a major earthquake. Sadly, 115 people who were in the building lost their l...
'Designed by an incompetent engineer, supervised by an irresponsible engineer and constructed by a fake engineer'. Those were the views of the Christchurch Earthquake Families Group, heard today, at the first - and only - disciplinary hearing to be held against anyone who designed and built the CTV building in Christchurch.
Page 3 of Section A of the South Island edition of the Christchurch Press, published on Friday 12 August 2011.
Page 1 of Section A of the South Island edition of the Christchurch Press, published on Monday 18 July 2011.
Furry heart-shape tribute on the fence just down from the empty site where the CTV building was.
The head of the structural engineering firm that supervised the design of the Canterbury Television building appeared yesterday at the Royal Commission into the Canterbury Earthquakes.
It's been a year since Pip Ranby was rescued from the top floor of the five storey Canterbury Television building.
There's been widespread dismay at the decision not to prosecute anyone for the deaths of 115 people in the CTV building collapse during the 2011 Canterbury earthquake. Police say it was a tough decision - they wanted to hold someone to account but there simply wasn't the evidence to warrant a prosecution.
Twenty seven men and women who risked their lives to save others after the February 2011 earthquake in Christchurch have been recognised for their bravery. Joining us is a Christchurch firefighter, Paul Rodwell, one of the first on scene at the CTV building and who has been awarded a medal in the awards.
The man in charge of the construction of the Canterbury Television Building is continuing to refuse to give evidence at the Canterbury Earthquakes Royal Commission
Page 5 of Section A of the Christchurch Press, published on Tuesday 1 March 2011.
A poster with the words love on the fence just down from the empty site where the CTV building was.
Two separate chances to inspect the Canterbury Television building were missed before the February earthquake saw it pancake to the ground last year, killing 115 people.
The families of the victims of the CTV building collapse in Christchurch have told an engineering disciplinary hearing they've been waiting 12 years for accountability. The building collapsed in the February 2011 earthquake killing 115 people. It was designed by Dr Alan Reay's firm - Reay was criticised by the Earthquake Royal Commission for handing sole responsibility of it to an inexperienced employee. Reay has tried to stop the disciplinary process going ahead but it got underway in Christchurch today. Reporter Anna Sargent spoke to Charlotte Cook.
A note on the fence around the empty site where the CTV building once was. This one commemorates Leng JinYan.
The coroner has ruled the search and rescue effort at Christchurch's CTV building did not contribute to the deaths of eight people who survived the initial collapse. However Gordon Matenga criticised nearly every aspect of the fire service's response to the tragedy that claimed 115 of the 185 lives lost in the February 2011 earthquake.
An overseas expert has defended the structural engineer who declared the Canterbury Television building sound after the September 2010 earthquake.
Just one CTV employee who was in the building during the February 22 earthquake managed to escape before it came down. For Maryanne Jackson, the pain of losing 16 colleagues has been compounded by the lack of accountability following the catastrophic collapse that killed 141 people. She sat down with Checkpoint reporter Nick Truebridge and cameraman Nate McKinnon.
A hand painted poster on the fence around the site where the CTV building use to be. On it is the word 'Faith'.
The site of the demolished St. John's Anglican Church on Latimer Square. On the left is the former site of the CTV building.
A video of an interview with Mayumi Asakawa, a Japanese student from Kanagawa prefecture who was in Christchurch during the 22 February 2011 earthquake. Asakawa returned to Christchurch to ring the Peace Bell in the Botanic Gardens during the Festival of Flowers commemorative ceremony.